- 1 cup long-grain white rice (you can use minute-rice)
- 1 bag (16-ounces) medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste (easy on the salt)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce OR Bragg’s Liquid Aminos – has less sodium
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- crushed red pepper, optional
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- In the meantime, combine shrimp and cornstarch in a bowl; mix to combine and let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat a wok or a skillet over high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and add shrimp; season with salt and pepper and cook for 4 minutes.
- Transfer shrimp to a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to pan and stir in garlic; cook for about 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add broccoli and continue to cook for about a minute.
- Stir in shrimp, soy sauce, rice vinegar and honey; bring to a boil.
- Continue to cook for 1 minute or until shrimp are opaque and broccoli is tender.
- Remove from heat, stir in crushed red pepper, if using, and serve over rice.
(Visited 586 times, 1 visits today)