PREP TIME: 20 minutes + 2 hours
COOK TIME: 35 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 55 minutes
- 1 24 ounce bag extra large shrimp, thawed
- 4 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 small onion, sliced and sautéed
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 slices turkey bacon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 12 large potato rolls
- ½ cup butter
- 2 Tbsp. prepared mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- Preheat 2 tablespoons butter in medium pan. Thinly slice the onion; sauté in the butter for about 5 minutes, or until clear and cooked.
- Preheat 2 tablespoons butter in large pan. Add the prepared shrimp, swirl to coat. Gently cook the shrimp for about 5 minutes until the color is opaque. Do not overcook.
- Line a broiling pan with bacon, sprinkling with brown sugar. Add salt and pepper. Broil until crispy, but not burnt, about 5 minutes.
- Pepare a 9×13 pan by lining with foil. Cut the rolls in half, placing the 12 bottom rolls on the bottom of the pan.
- Layer the cheese, bacon, onions, and 2-3 shrimp on the bottom portion of the rolls. Add the top to the rolls.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the 1/2 cup butter to a soft boil. Add mustard, Worcestershire, poppy seeds, and brown sugar.
- Pour sauce over the 9×13 sandwiches right before baking.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes, Serve hot or cold.
(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)