Skinny crock pot loaded potato soup is a lightened up version of loaded … Then, add the remaining potatoes at the end like the recipe states.
- Makes 6 servings .
- 14 oz. can cheddar cheese soup
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 oz. ⅓ less fat cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 32 oz. frozen, cubed hash brown potatoes (A.K.A. southern style potatoes)
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 tbsp. bacon bits
- Add the cheddar cheese soup, chicken broth, and black pepper to a large slow cooker.
- Cut the cream cheese into small cubes and add it to the slow cooker. Whisk until the cheese soup is dissolved into the broth (there will still be chunks of cream cheese).
- Add ⅔ of the bag of frozen potatoes to the slow cooker. Stir to combine. Store the remaining ⅓ of the potatoes in the refrigerator to be added later.
- Place the cover on the slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or high for 4-5 hours.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir the remaining ⅓ of the potatoes into the soup. Cook for 20-30 more minutes, or until the potatoes have warmed through.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top each serving with a sliced green onion and a tablespoon of bacon bits.Nutritional Info :
- Serving size: 1½ cup Calories: 218 Fat: 7.7 Saturated fat: 3.9 Carbohydrates: 30.2 Fiber: 3.4 Protein: 7.8
Original recipe & image from : ALLRECIPES
(Visited 207 times, 1 visits today)