That is one meal in which I do not want to be a short order cook. I want to … This Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf is the perfect example of that
- Serving size: 1/6th of the loaf
- 1 lb. ground chicken or turkey (93% lean)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup marinara sauce (I use Classico Tomato- Basil), divided
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine the chicken (or turkey), eggs, onion, breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, 1/2 cup marinara and 1/2 cup cheese (it’s easiest to just use your hands to do this).
- 2. Spray an 8×5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray (metal or glass- see notes below). Scoop the meatloaf mixture into the pan and smooth the top. Spread the remaining 1/2 cup of marinara sauce over the top. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese on top. Put the pan in a 6-quart slow cooker and place the lid on top. Cook for 7 to 8 hours on low (or 4 hours on high).
- 3. Slice, and serve.
- *Note: I used a glass pan and cooked mine on LOW. If you’re opting for cooking it on HIGH, you might consider using a metal pan instead. I’m not certain the glass would work well with such a high temperature.
- *If you are preparing this recipe as GLUTEN-FREE, be sure to use a sub for the regular breadcrumbs (like GF breadcrumbs), and be sure to use a brand of marinara sauce that is known to be GF (Classico Tomato Basil is GF).
- *Option: Place some small potatoes around the sides of the pan so that they can be slow cooked along with the meatloaf.
Nutritional Info :
- Calories per serving: 296
- Fat per serving: 14g
- Saturated Fat per serving: 6.1g
- Sugar per serving: 1.6g
- Sodium per serving: ,span class=”sodium”>510.5mg
- Fiber per serving: .8g
- Protein per serving: 30g
- Cholesterol per serving: 143.3mg
- Carbohydrates per serving: 10.5g
- WW POINTS per serving: Points Plus Program: 7 Old Points Program: 7
(Visited 870 times, 1 visits today)