Serves: 20 bars
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1//2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cream of tartar, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl mix together butter until creamy using an electric mixture. Mix in sugar and brown sugar and beat until light and fluffy, approximately 3 -4 minutes). Mix in eggs, one at a time, and then the vanilla, and mix until smooth.
- Mix in the flour mixture until well combined. Spread mixture in a greased 9 in. x 13 in. pan. In a small bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cookie bars to cool and cut into 20 bars.
(Visited 149 times, 1 visits today)