These Coconut Strawberry Truffles will melt in your mouth. I love them for the subtle strawberry and coconut flavor they deliver.
Makes about 25 truffles
Points Plus: 3
- 1 cup coconut butter, softened* (you can soften it by setting the jar in a pan of hot water for 10-15 minutes or until the coconut butter has softened)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 8 oz finely chopped dark chocolate
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Using a food processor, pulse the coconut butter, strawberries and syrup together until the strawberries have been pureed, which should take less than a minute. The mixture turns a lovely shade of pink and will look a little soft (if it’s too soft, refrigerate for 30 minutes). Take a tablespoon of the filling and roll into a ball, then set on the parchment or wax paper. Repeat with the remaining filling.
- Place the tray of truffles in the freezer for at least one hour, or until you can hold a truffle in your hand and dip it in chocolate without the truffle falling apart. I’ll test one or two and if they still want to crumble, I’ll put the whole tray back into the freezer for another 30 minutes.
- Once the truffles have been in the freezer for an hour, place the finely chopped dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power for 1 minute, then remove from the microwave and stir with a spatula. If the chocolate still has unmelted chunks in it, microwave again at 50% for an additional 15-30 seconds until the chocolate is melted. The reason for setting the power level at 50% is because chocolate will burn if it gets too hot.
- Dip a truffle into the dark chocolate (you can use a fork or a toothpick or even just your hands, whatever you feel comfortable using. Work quickly, because the chocolate will start to harden as it cools. If it gets too thick, put it back in the microwave on half-power for 10-15 seconds and stir back together.
- Repeat with the rest of the truffles.
- Put the tray in the freezer for 15 minutes or until the chocolate has set. Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Nutritional Info :
Points Plus: 3