This light and fresh Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad is a great way to use up those plentiful summer vegetables! Step by step photos.
- Makes 8 serving .
- 12 oz. bow tie pasta $1.39
- 2 medium roma tomatoes $0.61
- 1 medium summer squash $0.39
- 1 medium zucchini $0.39
- 1 medium broccoli crown $1.27
- ½ medium red onion $0.57
- ⅔ (15 oz.) jar roasted red peppers $1.34
- ½ bunch parsley $0.49
- ¼ cup vegetable oil $0.16
- ¼ cup olive oil $0.44
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar $0.21
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard $0.06
- 1 tsp dried oregano $0.05
- 1 tsp minced garlic $0.12
- ¾ tsp salt $0.05
- to taste fresh cracked black pepper $0.05
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and boil for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Drain in a colander.
- While you’re waiting for the pasta water to boil and the pasta to cook, prepare the vegetables (squash, zucchini, broccoli, tomato, onion, parsley, red pepper). Give the vegetables a good wash and then cut into bite sized pieces (onions and red pepper thinly sliced; parsley removed from stems and chopped).
- While the pasta is cooling, prepare the vinaigrette. In a small bowl whisk together the vegetable oil, olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, oregano, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Combine the cooked pasta, chopped vegetables, and vinaigrette. Stir until everything is well mixed and coated with vinaigrette. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.
Original recipe & image from : ALLRECIPES
(Visited 68 times, 1 visits today)