These delicious sweet corn cakes are topped with roasted vegetables for a filling vegetarian summer meal you are sure to love.
- 6 servings | Serving Size: 3 corn cakes and 3/4 cup salsa
- Roasted Vegetable Salsa:
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Corn Cakes:
- 1 1/2 cups corn flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups corn kernels, preferably fresh
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- For serving:
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Toss the zucchini and onion with the seasonings and olive oil and lay on the sheet pan. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until tender.
- Combine the tomatoes, corn kernels, cilantro, garlic, and lime juice in a large bowl. When the vegetables are done roasting, toss them with the tomato mixture.
- To make the corn cakes, combine the corn flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Add the butter, milk, and honey and stir. Beat the eggs until light yellow and add to the mix. Stir and fold in the corn.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Drop the batter onto the pan to form 3 inch pancakes and cook until bubbly. Flip and cook until browned on both sides.
- To serve, top the corn cakes with the salsa and the goat cheese.
Nutritional Info :
- Calories: 350 | Total Fat: 9 g | Saturated Fat: 6 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 7 mg | Sodium: 494 mg | Carbohydrates: 44 g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 9 g | Protein: 6 g | SmartPoints: 13 |
(Visited 30 times, 1 visits today)