1 pound lean ground beef
1 small yellow onion, chopped
21/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 taco seasoning packet
1 tablespoon of Adobo
1 package (8 ounces) uncooked manicotti shells
21/2 cups water
1/2 cup of cream cheese, softened
1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack or Mexican cheese blend
1/4 cup sliced green onions
Sliced ripe olives, optional
1. In a large bowl, combine the uncooked beef, yellow onion, chili powder, taco seasoning & adobo
with cream cheese, plus one cup of the shredded cheese and mix until combined.
2. Spoon the mixture into uncooked manicotti shells
3. Arrange in a greased 13in. x 9in. baking dish.
4. Combine water and Salsa sauce; pour over the stuffed shells.
5. Cover and bake at 350F for 1 hour.
6. Uncover; spoon sour cream over the top. Sprinkle with cheese, onions and olives if desired.
Bake an additional 10 minutes or so or until the cheese is melted on top