Serves: 6 servings
25 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 pound Jennie-O Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15 oz) can Ranch Style beans (pinto beans seasoned in tomato sauce – you could also use pinto beans), undrained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10.5 oz) can diced tomatoes and green chilis, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- While the rice cooks, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the ground turkey, onion, and garlic and cook until the turkey is no longer pink.
- Stir in the rice, beans, beef broth, tomato sauce, tomatoes, corn, chili powder, salt, cumin, and ground pepper. Let cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes to let the flavors really come together.
- Top with shredded cheese and let cook for 2-3 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings – tomatoes, shredded lettuce, salsa, sour cream, etc.
source : sixsistersstuff.com
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)