Are you in love with quinoa as much as I am? I love using quinoa when ever possible and for this dirty Thai fried quinoa that is what I did exactly.
6 SERVINGS TOTAL TIME: 20 MINUTES
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 3 organic peppers, different colors
- 12 oz fresh green beans
- 16 oz extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1-2 tbs fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sesame seeds, optional
- 1/3 cup reduced soy sauce
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 tbs water
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions
- In a large skillet, over medium to high heat, add all the ingredients except the cooked quinoa and sauce ingredients.
- Cook tofu/veggie mixture for 5-8 minutes until tender stirring occasionally. On the meantime, in a small bowl mix the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- When the tofu/veggie mixture is almost tender add the quinoa and sauce mixture to the skillet. Mix through and cook further for another minute or so stirring constantly.
- Turn heat off and serve immediately. You may sprinkle some pepper flakes and sesame seeds if desired before serving.
- NOTE: If you feel you don’t have enough sauce you can increase the amount. I do that sometimes but when my kids are eating it I don’t since it may be too spicy for them.
- Recipe suited for lacto-ovo-vegetarians!
(Visited 30 times, 1 visits today)