Love tuna melt recipes? Check out this veggie tuna melt here.
- Makes 4serving .
- 8 oz pouched low-sodium tuna or canned low-sodium water-packed tuna, drained
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp each chile powder and ground cumin
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices whole-grain bread, lightly toasted
- 1 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella-cheddar cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine tuna, yogurt, celery, onions, lime juice, chile powder, cumin and cayenne. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Place bread on a parchment-lined baking sheet and spread tuna salad on each slice, dividing evenly. Top each with 1/4 cup cheese. Bake in oven for 4 to 6 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbling and tuna is warm.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional Info :
- Nutrients per spicy tuna melt: Calories: 237, Total Fat: 7 g, Sat. Fat: 4 g, Omega-3s: 201 mg, Omega-6s: 490 mg, Carbs: 14 g, Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 2 g, Protein: 25 g, Sodium: 390 mg, Cholesterol: 37 mg
Original recipe & image from :http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/recipes/spicy-tuna-melts/
(Visited 111 times, 1 visits today)