Now more than ever maintaining a healthy weight is important. The occurrence of Type II diabetes is on the rise not only for adults and teenagers, but now doctors are starting to see it in children as young as five years old.
It is not always easy to get your family to eat their vegetables, but soup seems to be a popular family meal. Weight Watchers Zero Points soup recipe has been around a very long time and it is a very tasty way to get your sneak vegetables into lunch or dinner for the kids as well as the adults.
- Makes about twelve 1-cup servings.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced – approximately 1 cup
- 2 large carrots, diced – approximately 1½ cups
- 1 large green, red, yellow or orange bell pepper, seeded, cored and diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 zucchini, diced – approximately 2 pounds
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded – approximately 1 medium head
- 2 cups Swiss chard, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into small florets – approximately ½ large head
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into small florets – approximately 2 medium broccoli crowns
- 2 tsp. thyme, fresh, chopped
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, or chives, fresh, chopped
- ½ tsp. salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp. black pepper, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice – optional
- Put garlic, vegetables, thyme and broth into a large soup pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, partly covered, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in parsley or chives; season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Simmer on uncovered on low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes.
Nutritional Info :
- smart points 0
Original recipe & image from :http://www.examiner.com/article/weight-watchers-zero-point-soup-recipe-with-many-variations