Author: Sugar n’ Spice Gals
Recipe type: soup
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 1 15 oz. can Navy Beans
- 1 15 oz. can White Beans
- 1 15 oz. can White Cannellini Beans
- 1 onion diced (to sauté and caramelize the onions)
- ½ cup celery chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken (I used 1 pkg. which was about 2 cups of precooked southwestern chicken)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ Tbsp. Lemon pepper
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. Season Salt (I used Lawry’s)
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- Sauté onion in 2 Tbsp. butter till lightly caramelized.
- Add chicken broth and celery and simmer.
- Add the seasonings, corn, chiles and chicken and let simmer for 20 mins. OR after you sauté the onion throw it all into a crock pot (except the sour cream) and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Add in the sour cream right before serving and mix together.
- Top with tortilla chips, sour cream, cheese or crackers.
- Serve Hot!
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)