- 1 pound – turkey, ground
- 2 tablespoon – olive oil
- 1 small – onion
- 1 medium – carrot
- 1 stalk – celery
- 1 medium – bell pepper, green
- 2 clove – garlic
- 1 tablespoon – chili powder
- 2 teaspoon – cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon – salt
- 28 ounce – crushed tomatoes, canned
- 2 cup – kidney beans, canned
- 16 ounce – colby-jack cheese
- 8 ounce – macaroni pasta, whole-wheat, dry
- 1 stalk – green onion
- In a large pot (6-quart or larger) over medium heat, cook ground turkey in olive oil about five minutes or until no longer pink, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon.
- Add chopped onions, carrots, celery, and bell pepper, and cook 5-10 minutes more, until vegetables begin to soften.
- Stir in minced garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Stir the beans into the chili and simmer 30 minutes more, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, grate the colby-jack, and boil the pasta according to the directions on the box.
- When the chili is cooked, remove from heat and stir in the cooked pasta and cheese.
- Sprinkle with green onions or cilantro, and serve.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)